September 3, 2009

Back to School

Can I just say HOORAY!!! We had such a long and wonderful summer but we were all a little excited for school to start today. Both of the boys have been getting up earlier this week in anticipation of their first day. To make our mornings so much easier this year we have come up with a new list system. They make their lunches the night before with my help and then they set out their clothes before bed. When they get up they pull the list off their door and get to work filling it out. We all love lists at this house and are motivated by being able to check things off. This morning Andrew woke up and finished everything on his list by 7:45am which included practicing the piano. Then as I was finishing feeding the girls Andrew helped Peter with his piano. What a blessing that was! I realize that not every morning will be like today but we are sure going to try and make our mornings smooth before school. By 8:20am they were begging to go to school. Since school doesn't officialy start here until 8:55am I was grateful that our earliness prevented us from fighting the crazy crowds of parents and kids. It was wierd to have both boys gone all day and we did miss them but it also was nice to be able to spend time with just the girls.



ANDREW'S FIRST DAY OF 3rd GRADE(in his own words):


Mr. Bradshaw is the best teacher ever. He likes to eat so we should make him some cookies sometime. I got a green card today which means I listened all day. I had to read some cursive today on our name tags. I was the first one to get my name tag and choose my seat. We got to choose where we sat so I sat next to two people that I wouldn't chat with. We organized our desks and put our supplies away. We had fun with our first assignment. The assignment was to go around and ask people different questions about stuff. Mr. Bradshaw gave us a tour of the school to show the new people everything about the school.

I saw Ms. Hebert my old teacher twice in the hall today. I liked recess today. I played with Noah and Alex and we did science type stuff. We looked at the sap on the trees and studied it. I also had a great lunch. It was a good first day.

PETER'S FIRST DAY OF 1st GRADE(in his own words):


When I got to school I went to community time. After that we sat down on the carpet in our classroom. Mrs. Lee is my teacher. We learned about first grade. Then after that we went to recess. I played with Renzo on my first recess. Then we went back to our room and colored an imaginary movie or game person on paper. I colored a zombie guy because he never dies. If you touch his silver part then you get sucked in because of its dark matter just like on Mario Galaxy. Then we went to our second recess and I played with Connor and Roman. Then we ate lunch. Someone lost a tooth and I took them to the nurse. I liked eating lunch at school. We had quiet time and PE today. In PE we played games. Then we practiced lining up to go home and then we went home.



No comments:

Post a Comment