September 19, 2009

First Soccer Games

With both of the boys games at 9:00am at different fields Mike and I were forced to divide and conquer. I took Peter and Abby and headed up to Tacoma to watch Peter play in his first soccer game of the season. Since we missed the real first game last week I think Peter was anxious to get in the game and play today. He was an animal out there on the field. He was quick to the ball and even scored two goals. His team completely dominated against the other team with a win of 14-3. They have a kid on their team who has such a good shot on goal and probably the best ball skills of any other kid at his age in the league...hence the many goals for our team. I love how the coaches worked the swapping of players on the field. They stressed hard work and having fun more than how many goals to score. But being kids they were still excited about keeping score. I am really happy with Peter's coaches this year and all of the excited parents. The coaches are always keeping us informed of practices and games...I love that.




After we got home I got the report from Mike and Andrew about Andrew's game. Their team won...barely! Apparently the kids on his team were a little distracted on the field but pulled it together to win the game. Andrew told me that he had some good passes which is great. Hopefully I will be able to go to Andrew's game next time to see him play and to get a few photos of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment