September 22, 2009

My Girl


Dear Abby,
I knew you were my girl at lunch yesterday when you saw oreo cookies on my plate and knew that they were something special. I have never given them to you before but you must have figured out by their dark chocolate color that they would taste so yummy. You grunted in excitement as you eyed my cookies. I could see it in your eyes how you longed for them but trying to be a good mama I told you that they weren't for you and that you needed to eat your sandwich and peaches. You reluctantly did as you were told and soon I snuck them in my mouth and you forgot about them. Today as I was making chocolate chip cookies I licked some of the batter off of the beater and you looked up at me and gave me that same grunt from yesterday and I knew you were telling me that you wanted some. How did you know that it was something so good? You must be my girl because my two favorite things are oreo cookies and MY chocolate chip cookies with a taste of the cookie dough. I couldn't resist so I gave you a little bit of cookie dough on a spoon and you just devoured it. Some would say that I am crazy for giving you raw cookie dough but I say it's good to live a little. What kid doesn't just love to lick a little cookie dough from the spoon. I am happy that we have the same understanding when it comes to sweets. I just hope I can hold you off a little longer. Who am I kidding...it's just too good to pass up! Don't ever let anyone give you a hard time about the simple chocolate pleasures of life!
Love,
Your Chocolate Lovin Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment