September 10, 2009

First Day of Gymnastics


I was so excited to enroll Emma in gymnastics this year and could tell that she was excited too but I was still a little nervous as to how she would react to me putting her in a class where she would be on her own without me there. She sure proved me wrong as she gladly walked away and went to meet her new teacher. She had no problems sitting on her rug for warmups and happily followed her group to the bars for her first round of exercises. The teacher instructed them on a few things and when they finally broke into teams of two she immediately pulled her legs all the way up to the bar just like the teacher had instructed. I was impressed and a little proud to see how easy it came to her. I guess part of me always knew she was a little monkey. She was such a good listener which I was relieved to see. She walked along the balance beam so well and loved being able to jump into the foam pit. I took gymnastics from fourth to sixth grade and was forced to give it up because our coach moved and we lived in Tokyo so there was a shortage of gymastics coaches at my school (not too extremely sad because this is when I picked up running!!). I am happy to see her enjoying something I loved as a child. It feels good to finally be able to put the focus on Emma for a change!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment