September 18, 2009

Powderworks Park

We love our warm days!! Who knows how many of these we have left before the true FALL weather rolls around and we have to start bundling up in our sweaters and coats. I love that I can walk over to the park with my girls and have lunch. It is the perfect time of day to be out playing in the sun. It is especially fun for Abby now that she can crawl up the baby playground and slide down the slide all by herself. I just stood next to the playset and cautiously watched her as any paranoid mother of a 15 month old would. She could climb the stairs by herself and once she was up at the top she made the one step down which she has now mastered. She is finally able to go down the stairs backwards so this is a huge relief for me. When she got to the slide I would tell her to sit down and she would sit and try to put her feet in front of her. Most of the time she just went down the slide on her tummy feet first. After going down a few times I noticed that when she got to the slide she was grabbing onto the bar up above and trying to swing on it like she sees her brothers do at the other park. It's amazing how observant these little ones truly are. Emma enjoyed sliding down with Abby but her favorite part of the little kiddie playground were the spinning toys. She would sit in the spinning bucket and I would spin her in between Abby getting off the slide and starting back up the stairs. I loved watching her cute blond hair sticking straight up in the air and seeing the smile on her face. There is nothing better than two happy girls having fun at the park in the nice warm sun!!







No comments:

Post a Comment