April 2, 2009

A Sweet Gift

Since January 1, 2009 I have been working on a project called PROJECT 365. It incorporates my photography with my journaling. I have never been very good at journaling on a regular basis. I knew this would be my opportunity to take the challenge to keep a regular journal. The idea behind the project is to document my family's everyday life with journaling and pictures. It is essentially a scrapbook but very simple and easily laid out. I have 11 weeks of pictures printed and put in the book and 4 more weeks organized but not printed. I still haven't done my journaling on those pages yet. When I do I will post a few of them. Anyways, I have kept the promise to myself and have been faithful in journaling EVERY DAY. I started out with a simple notebook that one of my best friend's gave to me. In it she printed a quote from one of our Apostles and also added, "Write down a few lines everyday and 'it will surprise you what the Lord hath done'." These words and her sweet gesture helped me to start and my project has inspired me to keep going. I had just finished filling up this notebook when I got a sweet gift on my bed one night. I opened up the package to reveal four brand new journals from Mike. He is always so observent and thoughtful. I am so grateful for him and don't know what I would do without him. He truly is the better half in the relationship! I have since been writing in these cool journals. I am addicted to writing in my journal now. I guess that is not a bad thing to be addicted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment