April 4, 2009

Conference Weekend . Day 1

We had such a great Conference weekend with the kids and ended up spending lots of time outside because it was so warm. FINALLY! We headed over to the park after the afternoon session of Conference and decided to fly our kites. I think this was the first time that the boys really flew kites by themselves. The kites have been sitting in my closet for a year and I think we may have flown them once. When we got to the park the wind would come and go so at first it was tricky to get the kites to stay up in the air. The boys enjoyed just running to keep their kites in the air. We started in a little field of trees and brush and then quickly moved over to the baseball field where we would have so much more room to fly our kites. Even Emma had a go at it and was able to keep the kite up for a little bit.




As I was running with Emma towards the end of the field we saw some of our friends on the trail and stopped to chat with them. Emma just started climbing the fence completely out of the blue. I always knew she was a little monkey but this was the first time she actually went at it. I was amazed and I couldn't help but smile as I looked at her face as she realized what she had just done. That is the face of a happy girl!

As the kids continued to fly their kites I would run back and forth to keep Abby entertained and well stocked with snacks. She is such a good little girl and is easily entertained...thank goodness.

(pictures of Mike and Sara by Andrew Wilhelm)

No comments:

Post a Comment