April 16, 2009

Naughty and Nice

OK so I will start with a little nice first. Emma really is a sweetheart and her smile just melts my heart. She is so energetic and fun and there is never a dull moment around her. She is a clever little girl and very creative. But, just when I think I have her figured out she pulls one on me.

Isn't there something wrong with this picture?? She is three years old and not 18 months old. We have had issues with putting too much toilet paper in the toilet when going potty. We have had a couple of moments where the toilet has flooded and it has been messy. So we have had a couple of chats about only using a little bit of toilet paper. On this particular day I was in the office next to the bathroom and I realized that Emma was spending too much time in there. As I went into check on her I found her like this. This was more than using too much toilet paper. She was literally unrolling it and stuffing it in the toilet. Luckily she did not flush the toilet. Before another lecture I just had to grab my camera. This girl definitely has a naughty side...what kid doesn't?

We have definitely entered the terrible three's. She is as stubborn as she is cute. She reminds me so much of Andrew who is constantly negotiating with me. If you let her she will drive you to give her anything she wants. I have to usually put my foot down A LOT!

While my parents were visiting my mom noticed that Emma was in the guest bedroom closet. There are no toys in there and only bins full of clothes. My mom opened the door to find Emma into the chocolate chips that my mom had brought. What a little stinker.

The greatest thing about kids is they are always changing. One day they are naughty and the other they are nice and sweet and oh so charming. During our quiet moments while the boys are in school and Abby is sleeping, Emma and I have been working on letters, reading stories, and fun projects. Today we practiced our letters. When I held up the Y, she told me what it was, what sound it made and then said, "Did you know that Y is sometimes a vowel?" I was blown away that she would say that to me. I guess those Leap Frog videos did help.

No matter what the day, I have to always remember that somedays will be good and others will be more challenging. I'll take the bad with the good as along as I keep getting good days!

No comments:

Post a Comment