April 6, 2009

Spring Break . Fun in the Sun


Our first day of spring break started with a run & bike to get some exercise. Of course I was running while Andrew rode his bike and Peter rode his scooter. Peter is actually faster on his scooter than his bike. We need to teach Peter how to ride his bike without training wheels and then he will be able to keep up with Andrew on his bike and I will be able to run a little faster. On the way home from our ride we stopped to play at our park and try and find one of the golden eggs hidden in our town. Every year four golden eggs are hidden in the city of Dupont and each egg has a ton of cool prizes. We didn't find any golden eggs this morning but still had fun playing in the early morning sun.

After relaxing and playing for the rest of the morning we headed back over to the park to eat lunch and play with some of our friends. I picked up Subway for the older kids and some Japanese for myself. My kids love ham and cheese sandwiches and so Subway is one of their favorite fast food places. We don't go there that often because I think it is a bit pricey. Special occasions are nice though. While we were eating lunch I must have unbuckled Abby from her stroller and I turned around for literally 3 seconds and then turned back around to find her on the ground. I don't know how she fell without a big loud bang and no bumps, bruises or cuts. I feel so blessed that she was alright. I also feel completely DUMB for taking her seatbelt off. What was I thinking? I won't be repeating that again.

The kids enjoyed playing with their friends at the park and we stayed a little longer than some of our friends. We just needed to be outside. We got a nice surprise this afternoon when Mike pulled in early. He started working on the front yard and it was surprisingly warm enough for swim suits and waterguns so the kids got ready and had a blast squirting each other and Mike. I bought these little waterguns at the dollar spot at Target and they turned out to be great for Emma. The boys mostly opted for their big supersoakers. The only rule we have is that you can't squirt anyone unless they have a watergun (dad is an exception of course...we got him good). The boys also weren't allowed to squirt Emma unless they had the little waterguns. It felt like summer today. I wonder how long this warm streak will last...probably not long but we will take it when we get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment