March 31, 2009

New Discoveries

Abby is growing and changing faster than I would like. I seriously wish I could stop time with her. She is always smiling, talking, and moving her hands around. Now that she is learning to crawl she seems to move around a little bit quicker. She is a scooter and not really a crawler yet and so I can sit her down and know that she will move but not very far. She loves her baby doll and since she is learning new sounds is starting to say the "ba ba" sound. As we were playing with her baby doll I just kept saying baby doll to her and she would repeat back to me something that sounded like "ba bay." I realize she is not really saying baby but she is trying to mimick my sounds and that is so fun to hear. Another of her discoveries is the phone. I am on the phone with my mom atleast once a day. I frequently put the phone to her ear so my mom can talk to her and so she can hear my mom talk and sing to her. She just smiles and talks when I put the phone to her ear. She already knows and loves it when I let her play with the phone. She will still put it in her mouth because she still loves to chew on everything.

One of my favorite times of the day with Abby is when she wakes up from her nap and we go to change her diaper. Sometimes I just get her naked and open up the blinds to let the light in. Then we wind up the music globe and she just plays with it. She loves music and she loves this music globe. She also loves looking out the window and tapping on the glass. I love seeing how curious she is with everything around her. I know I've said it before but this is my favorite baby age! I wish it wouldn't go by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment