April 25, 2009

Deception Pass

I am in awe of the beauty of Deception Pass. These two pictures definitely won the best pictures of the day. I wish I could say I took them but I have to give the credit to my awesome dad. He has such an eye for landscape and nature shots. I do think his wide angle lens was a good pick for the beach. Well done dad!

We had so much fun hiking to the beach at Deception Pass. The little path to the beach was quiet and inviting. Even Emma, who is too much of a whiny girl when it comes to hiking, enjoyed the little walk to the beach.

The view was spectacular with the afternoon sun glistening on the water. The kids were in heaven, of course, with all the rocks that they could throw into the water. It was nice to be able to just relax on the beach and watch the kids have fun. Even Abby played with a few rocks, until we had to take them away for fear she would choke on them as she slowly started putting them in her mouth. Instead we kept her entertained with pat-a-cake games, lots of hugging and kissing and of course plenty of snacks.

I was so glad that my parents were able to be here with us. They always enjoy going to new places and being with the kids AND the kids just adore their grandparents. We are so lucky that they get to come visit us so often. They are the best!

Of course it just wouldn't be complete without trying to get a picture of all of us. I was happy to get most everyone looking and even Emma was smiling.

Mike took this shot on his way back up the trail with the boys. Pretty neat to see the underside of the bridge with all its complexity.

No comments:

Post a Comment