October 24, 2009

Andrew's Love for Soccer

Mike and I divided and conquered again today with the boys soccer games being at the same time but in different locations. I decided to take Andrew to his game this time because I haven't really been able to see him play much this season. Luckily we got some great weather and although the boys on the team didn't have the greatest game I know that they were having fun. I really enjoyed being able to watch Andrew as he played left midfield and sweeper. I think at this age it can be difficult to switch positions all the time and fully understand where you need to be. There was a lot of encouragement from the parents on the sidelines to get the kids to not bunch up and to spread out. The other team destroyed us not because they were better but because they played in their positions well and looked up before passing the ball. I know Andrew loves playing soccer. It is fun as a parent to watch your child doing something they love. His ball skills are always improving and if he decides that this is something he wants to pursue then we will have to work more on specific positions as well as individual ball skills. I guess it's time to break out the old cleats and get on the field with my boys!








No comments:

Post a Comment