March 7, 2009

Training for the Seattle Half Marathon

I am finally back into my running zone and it feels so good. In the years we have lived here I haven't found anyone who I can go on long runs with and at times that has been frustrating. Before Abby I trained for the Phoenix Marathon and remember doing my long runs in the rain, hail, and snow while Mike slowly followed me in his car or on his bike. I started a running group here to get some fellow runners to come out on Saturdays to run. Since it has been cold and rainy no one has really showed up for the Saturday morning run. However, I finally have a running partner who is awesome and she and I have been consistantly running long on Saturdays and doing track workouts on Wednesdays. I feel so grateful to have Kim as a running partner and friend. It has been fun to get to know her better. She is training for the Seattle Marathon and I am training for the Seattle Half Marathon. Today was my first attempt at a long run since having Abby 8 months ago. I managed to go 11 miles with Kim and really enjoyed every minute of it. I can't wait for our future runs and the hopes of becoming faster and more fit in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment