March 28, 2009

Preparing for Spring

(our tree actually blossomed the first full week of April)

Seeing the blossoms on our tree just puts a smile on my face even though we are still getting plenty of rainy and cloudy days. Before the blossoms came we realized we had neglected our backyard long enough. With a full day at home on Saturday without having to round up in Seattle, Mike got to work and started cleaning up the backyard. YES it was raining and it was cold but it needed to be done and I think part of him enjoyed being out in the yard again. I sure appreciated all of his hard work. Andrew and Emma enjoyed some time with Mike planting some vegetables in our planter box and Emma helped Mike rake some leaves before it started to rain harder. I love this time of year as we prepare for Spring and Summer. It is so nice to get organized and clean up for the warmer weather...even if our warmer weather doesn't come until June I will be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment