April 30, 2011

Monthly Randoms

Back in 2009 I took a picture a day for an entire year and wrote about it. It was hard and fun all at the same time. It taught me how to look for the everyday moments, cherish them, and document them. To be honest, I never really finished putting it in a book. With the family blog book to do it became overwhelming. Since then I haven't been good at taking very many everyday moments. That all stops now. I love this idea I got from my good friend Mary to use the everyday moment and sometimes random yet equally important photos from the month and put them in one post. This has already helped me to look for those things I don't want to forget. This month there are only a few but they center around some dear friends.


April 5, 2011


Emma, Abby, and I went to eat lunch at Sweetwater Tavern with our friend Gina. It was so good to be there eating delicious food with Gina. She just adored the girls of whom she had never officially met and the girls just adored her. When it was time for desert we ordered the flourless chocolate waffle which is my absolute favorite dessert of all time. Before dessert arrived I had to take the girls to the bathroom and when I returned the dessert was there with the words written in chocolate lettering, "Welcome Back." Gina had told them I had been waiting to eat there for the last 6 years. It was really sweet.


April 14, 2011


The girls and I were able to go to Maryland to visit one of my college roommates. I had never met any of her kids in person so this was a real treat for me. Both Emma and her daughter Ava are the same age. It was fun to get those girls together. I realized it had been way too long since we had seen each other. I think we figured out that the last time we saw each other was when Mike and I went up to New York to visit while she was Cosette in Les Miserable on Broadway. I was pregnant with Andrew so it was almost 10 years ago. Oh how time flies. Over the years we have kept up with each other through our blogs and occasional phone calls. I was once again impressed by my friend's awesome musical talents. She had just gotten back from the start of recording her own album. I love how even though so much time had passed it was like no time passed at all with our friendship. Sandra truly feels like a sister to me. Thank you friend for the awesome visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment