May 1, 2011

Future Missionary

Our future missionary photo tradition started with Andrew after he was baptized. I got the idea from a friend in Washington and I will be forever grateful to this friend. I love the idea of having something that the boys can see in their rooms that will remind them to stay clean and worthy to serve their missions when they turn 19 years old. I love the ones where Mike is putting his arm around them because to me it is a reminder to them that we are here to help them along the way as they prepare to receive the priesthood and prepare for the future. I am grateful for a husband who faithfully served a mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil almost 14 years ago and for the missionaries who were faitful and patient in finding Mike's Dad and who converted him while he was living in Taiwain many years ago. I know that missionary service will bless the lives of my boys and the lives of many others. These pictures stand as a reminder to me to be a better missionary to others. When you love something so much you want to share it with others. This is the message we try and teach our kids, especially our boys. They will make great missionaries someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment