April 2, 2011

General Conference Weekend

We listened, we colored, we played, we were a little out of control, we took walks, we ate, and in the end I think we were all able to hear a little bit from General Conference.  It was definitely different doing it by myself and I would be lying if I said it was a breeze.  But I learned a valuable lesson this time that I will never forget for future Conferences.  With all of the distractions we can place in front of our children to get them to be focused while listening to Conference what really matters is how we instill in our children a desire to love Conference time.  It is a time to be together, a time for learning, but more than that it is a time to be grateful for a living Prophet.  It may be just through my small ramblings about what the Apostles or Prophet are saying while they are coloring or playing on the floor but little by little I hope that through my enthusiam, persistance, and postive attitude towards Conference my children will learn to love Conference and the leaders of our church as well.  Plain and simple this is what I learned this time around.  Of course as I have small private moments during the days to come I will be listening to Conference for real so that my momma tank can be filled!

No comments:

Post a Comment