April 18, 2011

Peter's 8th Birthday


Peter really wanted the Harry Potter Lego Castle for his birthday this year. In fact, his birthday wish list consisted of mostly lego items so it seemed appropriate to have a lego theme for his birthday. I wanted to make this a really special birthday for Peter and after planning I realized that there really wasn't much I had to do to make it special. He had most of the family in attendance which made it special all on its own. Still, I had fun finding the cute lego decor on online and replicating it to make the cutest boy lego birthday ever. We had blue and orange frosted cupcakes with cool lego toppers, cheese and cracker lego pieces, tall cups full of caramel popcorn and different kinds of M&M's, and some other table decor with actual duplo lego pieces just for fun. We played a relay lego game where they had to carry the legos from one bowl to the other with a small spoon. I made it harder by using duplo pieces instead of the smaller lego pieces. The kids seemed to have fun playing this game. Back inside the house we opened presents before cupcakes because that is what Peter wanted. With every present he would dramatically open it while making silly faces and then he would say something like, "that is what I wanted." Cousin Sam who is Peter's age gave Peter $10 of his own money. I thought that was so sweet. Peter mostly got legos with the addition of a nerf gun from Grandpa Al. Peter was super excited to open the Harry Potter Castle from me and Mike. I was super pleased to see the look on his face when he opened his new personalized scriptures. He had been wanting these ever since we told him he would get his own when he turned 8 years old. I am glad to see that the scriptures meant just as much to him as the legos. What a sweet boy.


We eventually made it to the cupcakes and by that time most of the other snacks on the table had been eaten. I had to refill the caramel popcorn a couple of times which meant that was a success. Afterwards everyone enjoyed playing Dance, Dance, Revolution on the Wii. Peter was the first to show off his skills at this game and Mike and I even took a turn. What is a party without the parents getting a little crazy too?! We were happy that Gina was able to make it to the party around this time. She gave Peter a cool lego watch which he said he wanted to wear everyday. What a sweet friend she is to take off part of her workday to come to Peter's birthday. I know this will be a birthday that Peter will remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment