June 3, 2010

Abby's First Haircut

I love Abby's little curls so much that I let her hair get so out of control that she started to look like she was a kid right out of the 70's. Hello mullet! It was hard to bring myself to let someone else cut some of those curls but I knew that it had to be done. She was so excited when I asked her if she wanted to get her hair cut at Jack and Jill's. How sad is it that she knows exactly what Jack and Jill's salon is?? I take the boys to get their haircut there every couple of weeks. She picked the pink jeep to sit in of course. She is just like her big sister. All those days of doing Abby's hair in the morning and coaching her to stand still while I did her hair really paid off as she had no problems sitting still while the sweet lady cut her hair. She was entertained by both the cartoons on the TV and the toy in the jeep. After all was said and done I was happy to see that there were still plenty of curls on her cute head. With cute bows and a pink lollipop both she and I were happy. Of course our day at the salon couldn't have been complete without letting Emma get her hair cut as well. Today was Emma's first time getting her hair washed before getting it cut. She picked out the chocolate scented shampoo. That's a girl...one after my own heart! She was all smiles sitting in the pink jeep watching cartoons. Unlike Abby who is still oblivious to most things Emma knows that when the boys get their haircut that doesn't mean that she gets to have her haircut too. I have told her that little girls just don't need their haircut that often. Haircuts are special treats and I am happy that she feels like it is something special. What a fun time we had. I love my cute little blue-eyed girls!








No comments:

Post a Comment