June 27, 2010

Silver Mountain Resort







The kids were so surprised when we told them that we were going to stay at this really awesome hotel where they would be able to go swimming and ride on the waterslides in the indoor waterpark. It was so funny to hear Peter say, "Pinch me, I don't think this is real!" That just made us all smile.

Mike dropped me and the boys off so that the boys could enjoy the waterpark for the last 30 minutes that it was open. We ended up getting to the hotel later than expeccted so the rest of us didn't really get to swim but the boys had fun for the short time that they were able to explore and go on some of the rides. We had only planned on staying one night but when Mike showed me our room we both agreed that we just had to stay two nights. There was a full kitchen, washer and dryer, dining area with table and chairs, family room with pull out couch, balcony overlooking the mountains, enormous bathroom with two sinks, and a separate master bedroom. It was so inviting that we just wanted more time to enjoy it. We delayed our arrival into Glacier where we would meet my parents and played all day at the waterpark the next day. My parents were gracious to meet us a day later.
















The waterpark was so fun. The boys liked going on the small waterslides attached to the big play area but really enjoyed the bigger waterslides with the innertubes. Even Abby and Emma were able to join us on the family raft ride. It was tall and fast but with Abby in a lifejacket and me holding her between my legs she was able to ride with us. We went on that at least 15 times. I was surprised that she liked it because it was a little dark inside. The coolest thing about the waterpark was the wave rider. Andrew and Peter were able to do it with boogie boards. I tried the boogie board but didn't have it in me to try the surfing. Mike did both and liked it but later told me that the surfing was really hard. There was this older man who could do it all and he was quite amazing. He let Emma ride with him and she seemed to like it but when I asked her if she wanted to do it again she said no. It was fun to watch the "pros" do lots of fun tricks.

Probably the biggest surprise of today was watching Emma go down the waterslides. She hates water in her face and eyes and at first she didn't dare go down. Eventually she went down and enjoyed it so much that the water in her face didn't seem to bother her anymore. I will count this as a blessing for swimming lessons this summer.

We all enjoyed the fast lazy river and Abby and Emma also enjoyed the baby area that had two small slides. It was nice that we stayed an extra day so we could go back to our room for lunch and a quick rest period. Mike and the older kids went back while Abby and I napped a little longer. It was such a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment