February 14, 2010

Mom's Cookies

I really do make chocolate chip cookies all too often. For me it's all about a spoonful of cookie dough and then one or two warm cookies with a tall glass of cold milk. My kids also love my cookies and ask for them all the time. After getting home from the gym today and feeling rather spunky and impulsive I decided to just let the girls enjoy some of my homemade chocolate chip cookies BEFORE lunch. They have been so good about playing at the nursery at the gym and letting me get a complete workout finished. Emma is never a problem but Abby can sometimes get a little sad to see me go. Luckily for me she has attached herself to two of the ladies in there. I know it helps to have Emma with her as well. I am so grateful to my two girls who put up with all of my exercising. Between swapping with a friend twice a week and going to the gym twice a week they have lots of opportunities to play with kids their age but that also means that is time I am away from them. That being said, I know exercise makes me a better mom. It helps me to get my ME time so that I can focus on PLAY time with them. Oh and those chocolate chip cookies make me pretty happy too. I guess I will just have to keep making them!!





No comments:

Post a Comment