October 31, 2008

Halloween Festivities



This year we had two superheros and one pretty princess. I am always amazed when I get all three of them together in one picture looking at me...it rarely ever happens. Usually I have to bribe them big time to get them to stand still long enough for me to shoot a couple of pictures. I think today's bribe was candy!!

EMMA - bibity bobity boo CINDERELLA!






ANDREW - nananananananana BATMAN!




PETER - it's a bird, it's a plane, it's SUPERMAN!





MIKE AND SARA - I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too!



Mike and I dressed up this year for an adult Halloween party given by one of our friends. It really was quite an amazing party with a spooky scavenger hunt too. Thank you so much friends!

This year even though it was raining a little we stood outside and watched the school parade. Andrew hid from me as he was walking past me--he doesn't like to stand out or really get his picture taken. Peter, on the other hand, is happy to smile, wave, and be the center of attention! Go figure.



All of the kids looked so awesome. It was fun to stand outside one of our friend's house drinking hot chocolate and waving at each one our kids as they walked by. So FUN! Later that day I made a fun Halloween Dinner - the menu this year was Mummy Hotdogs and Cemetary Pudding. Last year I bought these fun plates and cups and decided every year we would have a fun Halloween Dinner before trick-or-treating. The hotdogs were a big hit - I even had two of them. OINK OINK I know! Oh, and we listened to our Halloween Mix that our friend made last year...thanks Jamie!





After gobbling down dinner as fast as their little mouths would let them, the kids got their bags and headed out the door with Mike for some good old fashioned neighborhood trick-or-treating! I got to stay home with Abby - to my delight - and clean up dinner and pass out candy to anyone who came to our door. They all came home with lots of candy and we had some candy left over from our bowl. We should have given more candy to each of our little customers. I don't think we had as many trick-or-treaters this year.

A couple of days before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. The boys picked our their own designs and Mike carved them. Here is what they choose:

Emma and her simple happy pumpkin


Peter and his spooky tree pumpkin


Andrew and his scarry man pumpkin


Our pumpkins all lit up - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

4 comments:

  1. peter's facial expressions crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, we had the same dinner on Halloween. I love seeing adults dress up. Zac and I chickened out this year. Maybe next year I will throw a party just so we can dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Peter's super hero running action shot!! And you guys look great. Do you want to go see Wicked in Portland this coming March? Maybe if you dress up like that we can get backstage passes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been dying to see Wicked. We were going to go when we went to Chicago but we had Abby with us and they wouldn't let her in....bummer. So it is on for Portland!!!

    ReplyDelete