November 3, 2008

Why I LOVE my KIDS



I can't believe that in the past four months I haven't been able to get a picture of ALL of my kids. Today was my first attempt. Today's bribe was a quarter and a piece of candy. OK I know I am pathetic but it is really important for me to have all of them in at least one picture. I'm sure there will be many more attempts because I am a perfectionist.

ABBY - I love Abby because of her sweet nature and her little smiles and giggles. She just loves to be around everyone and see what everyone is doing. She puts up with the constant kisses from Peter and the pokes from Emma and Andrew as he has finally figured out how to hold her while standing up (with close supervision of course). I am so excited to see more of her personality as she grows up.

EMMA - I love Emma because of her spunky nature and sweet personality. She is definitely a drama queen sometimes but then the next moment she is the sweetest little girl. She is always willing to help and share as long as you ask her nicely. I wonder when the boys will figure that one out!! She is such a joy to be around. I love watching her as she starts to become creative in playing with her dolls and stuffed animals. I love my Emma because she is sensitive to others. She can sense when I am having a hard time. She will ask me, "Are you happy mommy?" I try and always answer "yes" even when I am not totally happy because when I am happy she is happy. I don't know what I would do without her. Oh, and she lets me do her hair. THANK YOU dear Emma.

PETER - I love Peter because he is just the sweetest boy I know. He will always give me hugs and kisses and isn't afraid to show his affection. If anything he gives too many kisses - is that possible?? His smile warms my heart. He is such a good listener and I just love that. Peter is a great story teller even though half the time I don't understand what he is saying. He is so animated in everything he says. Everyone is always saying how hilarious they think he is.

ANDREW - I love Andrew because of his silliness and his tender heart. I love how smart he is and how he can figure out anything. I love how talented he is already. I love that he loves is daddy so much. I love that he loves to play games with me - especially Yahtzee. Andrew is the kid that will stand by your side no matter what. I am thankful to have him to stand beside me as we live, learn, and grow together!



I love ALL of my kids equally but for different reasons. I feel so blessed to have them. At times it is not easy to be the Maid, Cook, Driver, Negotiator, Disciplinarian, Nurse, and Referee. But I am a mom and this is my life and I LOVE IT!

5 comments:

  1. sara, when i grow up can i be like you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family. Your pictures always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures!!! I have to contribute a gift for kate's preschool auction. Can I buy a gift certificate for a photo shoot by you?

    PS thanks so much for the cookies and your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- of course I would love to help in any way I can. I also appreciate our friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and reflections on your children...just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete