October 7, 2008

Back into Running


FINALLY! I guess life has slowed down enough for me to get back into running. Seriously I don't know why it has taken me this long. Abigail is three months old and I finally feel comfortable putting her in the jogger. The biggest change for me this year other than having a new baby is Peter's afternoon Kindergarten. I am more of a morning person and prefer to exercise in the morning. Running after we drop Peter off to school will be something that I will have to get used to.

Today was one of those running days to document. It was a blue sky day with big white puffy clouds, a bit breezy, but lots of sun shining down to warm us up. I thought I might be a bit cold but as I started to run I could feel the sun warming my legs and my back. I LOVE THAT! Who said that Washington doesn't get sun! I ran 2.5 miles in about 24 minutes...not bad to start I guess. As we were turning to head home down our street I could hear Emma say, "I want one of those puffy heads." WHAT? I had to stop the jogger to look to see what she was looking at. She saw the fluffy dandelions and wanted to blow them. What a funny girl. It's fun to see how she views the world. To an adult they are just ugly dandelions, but to a little girl they are so much more....they are puffy heads that you can pick apart and blow away. Oh to be a child again.







Of course there is always a reward for being so good. Emma loves fruit snacks and waited patiently for them until we were done with our run.

No comments:

Post a Comment