October 3, 2008

P is for Potty



If this doesn't just make you laugh...well it should! Emma is finally potty trained and many thanks must go out to my mom in helping. Before leaving for Chicago Emma was showing more interest and motivation to use her little potty. While I was in Chicago my mom really helped her. By the time I got home she hadn't had an accident in three days. Go Grandma!!! We continued and by the weekend she was out of diapers and in big girl underwear. Her favorites are definitely her princess ones. So what did the trick?? CHOCOLATE! She is a girl after my own heart. Everytime she goes on the toilet she gets a couple of chocolate chips. She has a memory like no other because she will not let you forget her chocolate chips. Whatever it takes! I can't believe how fast it all went. The boys seemed to take forever to finally figure it all out. Now that we have mastered this milestone we are on to the next one...a big girl bed. Tonight will be her first time sleeping on her mattress on the floor. We still have to purchase her bed. After leaving her room and saying goodnight she fell asleep and I didn't hear a peep from her room. She is a real dream. I am so excited for the morning when she can get out of her bed all by herself and go to the bathroom. Lately I have been hearing her call for me to get her out of the crib because she has to use the bathroom. I can't believe she is my big girl now!

No comments:

Post a Comment