October 31, 2008

Gratitude

I usually don't use my blog to express my deep thoughts but rather the events and joys of what our family is doing. However, I thought I would break away from my norm and jot down a few thoughts that I have been having. I have had a lot of time at night lately to just think about life. With Mike working so much during this rotation I find myself trying to stay busy with various projects so that I don't go too crazy while he is away. Every once in a while I get down on myself or frustrated with things. As I was talking with my mom tonight I was again reminded of why I love her so much. She and I are the best of friends. There is not a day that goes by that I don't talk to her on the phone. She is not only my sounding board but the greatest example of faith, hope, charity, love, and patience. I am truly GRATEFUL to her for her love of the gospel of Jesus Christ. As we were talking she reminded me of something President Thomas S. Monson said. He said, "Do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle but YOU will be the miracle." I do believe that we go through certain things in our lives to help make us stronger. We can be the miracles in our own lives but more importantly, we can be the miracle in someone else's life. I am so GRATEFUL for the friends that have helped me when I needed it. They have been the miracle in my life. When we step outside of ourselves and think of what our friends and neighbors may need, we are LIVING LIKE WE BELIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment