June 12, 2012

Our Japanese Neighbors

We have the sweetest neighbors and we get to see them most everyday.  I see Kay most mornings as I am taking the trash to the street.  She is usually opening up her storm shutters or hanging out her laundry to dry.  Kay has two little daughters, Rin (4) ad Koto (2).  They are literally the cutest little Japaneses girls I have ever met.  They get so excited to see any of us and always say hi to us.  Rin is in Japanese preschool and they are teaching her a little English so her mother encourages her everytime we are around to use what she knows to speak to us in English.  I always respond in the basic Japanese that I know.  Little Koto doesn't really speak much but she has the biggest, sweetest little eyes that just light up when you talk to her.  Kay and her husband lived in Connecticut for 5  years and so both she and her husband speak a little English.  Kay and I can converse pretty well between her little English and my little Japanese.  I just love this sweet family. Today, our schedules finally matched so we could go and hang out at the park together with our kids.  I loved just watching the kids play together even though they couldn't really talk that well to each other.  I loved having so much time to talk with Kay and to get to  know her better.  It was such a fun afternoon at the swing park behind our house with our sweet neighbors the Murata's.

No comments:

Post a Comment