June 9, 2012

Abby's 4th Birthday

Ever since Halloween last year Abby has been in love with the Wizard of Oz.  She wears her Dorothy costume and constantly asks to watch the Wizard of Oz while carrying around her toto dog.  It came as no surprise that she would ask for a Wizard of Oz themed birthday party.  We ordered some great stuff from the TomKat Studio online and started preparing for her first ever friend birthday party.  I wanted to make it really special so I tried to copy many of the cute ideas I found online.  I had so much fun printing everything out and putting red glitter on the dorothy shoes for the cupcake toppers, place cards, food labels, and banners. Instead of providing each girl with a goody bag full of junk items I decided to send each of the girls home with something fun and useful.  Each girl got their own ruby red slippers to wear and my friend Ginneice helped me make the cute personalized gingham aprons so they could use them as dress ups later on.  We had a cute little table set out for the girls with white plates and doilies and lemonade in cute little canning jars.  I set the food table up like we were in Kansas with small hay bales.  The boys were so impressed when they came down to look at the food spread that I figured it must have looked pretty cool if my boys were commenting on it.  All morning both Abby and Emma were beside themselves with the excitement of the party.  When Abby's friends finally arrived she was so excited to show them their aprons and red shoes.  After the girls got on their aprons and shoes we played drop the clothespin in the jar while listening to the Wizard of Oz soundtrack.  Then we sang to Abby while she blew out her number 4 candle.  All the girls piled their plates with goodies and sat at their fun little table.  It was so much fun to watch the girls enjoy all the treats.  I must admit that the cakepops were pretty tasty.  It was my first time making them so I was a little unsure how they were going to turn out.  I loved watching Abby lick the frosting off her cupcake instead of eating the cupcake itself.  After their tummies were full we played musical chairs.  We played it so many times which was a good thing because when the birthday girl gets out first three times in a row she is not a happy camper.  It's a good thing she ended up winning with her friend Melissa the very last time we played the game! 



Melissa, Callista, Abby, Emma, Ali, Aislynn



Opening presents was such a riot.  Abby made the most hilarous faces while opening her presents.  It was just so much fun to watch.  It was hard to not bust out laughing.  She was so over the top excited by each present.  She was crazy about all her gifts but especially her new American Girl doll from mom and dad and her Sylvania Family Treehouse from Grandma Ann and Grandpa Franz.  I would say she had a great time at her very first friend birthday party.  It was a blast to put on this birthday for Abby but boy am I glad that the next friend party won't happen for two more years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment