March 17, 2010

Behind Closed Doors

I don't know if it's the pigtails or just the fact that she is talking so much but Abby seems to have grown up way too fast. I can't believe that in just three months she will be 2 years old. I look at her face and she just doesn't have that baby look anymore. I still hold her and kiss her like she is a baby because she still is my baby. Today while I was working in the office I could hear some noise coming from the bathroom. I immediately knew that it was Abby. I have to always keep my ears peeled around that little one. I called to her to get her to leave the bathroom and waited for a couple of minutes. Nothing. I figured I'd better investigate what damage was going on in there. Low and behold the door was closed and it was quiet. I opened the door only to find Abby sitting in the corner with her toothbrush in one hand and the tube of toothpaste in the other. Oh how I immediately recalled a picture of me at 2 years old with a tube of toothpaste in my hands. She just sat there happily brushing her teeth. Luckily the tube of toothpaste was almost empty so no messes there. Abby loves to brush her teeth. She will gladly get on the stool before bedtime and tell me which toothbrushes in the drawer belong to Emma, Andrew, and Peter. She loves it when I sing the A,B,C song and the Happy Birthday song to her when we brush her teeth. She has finally become proficient at the spitting action after getting her teeth brushed. I am not sure anything has actually come our of her mouth but at least she knows that she needs to spit. She loves to finish with a small drink of water that she wants to get all on her own. My little baby is all grown up...SNIFF SNIFF. Where has the time gone??








No comments:

Post a Comment