January 6, 2010

Stink Pickle

Both of the girls have adopted this new name but for very different reasons. We call Abby this when she is literally stinky and we call Emma this when she is just plain naughty. A couple of weeks ago I was opening one of my sewing drawers and found this:



I don't know when or how she managed to cut a really good chunck of her hair without me noticing. I do find it a little humorous that she tried to conceal it by leaving her hair in the drawer. I am pretty good about always knowing where my kids are and what they are doing. I guess I am somewhat of a paranoid mom. Don't get me wrong though, there are moments when I just let them do their thing hoping they are not getting into trouble while I am finishing up a project. This was not one of those moments though. At first I was a little angry. Then my anger turned to sadness and I was nervous to look closely at her hair. After I surveyed the damage on her cute little head I was quickly relieved to see that the cut was made in a place that was not that noticeable. In fact it even blended in quite nicely with the rest of her hair...just lucky I guess. When I asked Emma why she cut her hair she just shrugged her shoulders and said she didn't know. It didn't take long for me to realize that all she wanted was to get her hair cut at the salon. I can understand her frustration of always seeing the boys sitting in those fun seats and getting their haircut month after month. So what did I do as punishment for cutting her own hair?? I took her to the salon and got her a new haircut. Ok so maybe it was more of a reward than a punishment but in the end we both won because her hair had gotten to the point of being out of control. It was looking pretty awful. She agreed to have it cut shorter (3 inches to be exact) and it finally looks so much better. She loves it and I love it. All the little scissors have now been put away somewhere else so as to not repeat the same mistake. I am going to have to have hawk eyes on this little Stink Pickle!!




No comments:

Post a Comment