January 12, 2010

Simplify


If there is anything I learned in 2009 it was the absolute necessity to simplify my life. I love being a mom and I love expressing myself through my hobbies. BUT, one thing is for sure...being a mom is way more important. That's not to say that I am giving up all of my hobbies. NO WAY...I would go crazy. It does mean that I am at a point in my life where I have reached two roads. One road continues down this crazy path, trying to fit it all in while running around meeting deadlines and squeezing in reading and playing time with the kids and dates with Mike. The other road is more open, less stressful and allows for uninterupted and more enjoyable moments for everything that is important in life--FAMILY. I think too often as mothers we want to do it all, we want to be Superwoman, we want to conquer the world...AND WE SHOULD...but within reason. I love the new year because it gives me a chance to reflect on where I am heading. Although I don't feel like I have ever neglected my children I know that there is more of me I could give. Time is slowly clicking away and the moments now are so precious. My oldest is approaching nine this year and he still loves to give me hugs and kisses and have late night chats. I wonder how long that will last. I hope it lasts forever. I have a good feeling it just might. My relationship with each of my children is so special to me and I don't take any of it lightly. There are so many teaching moments during the day--and not just the kind where we teach them their ABC's. There are so many moments to be cherished and remembered and so many things our children share with us that we need to pay 100% attention to. The lessons I learn from my children are invaluable. They are my greatest examples living in the present. At the end of every day I think to myself how lucky I am to have four wonderful children. Yes they each have their naughty moments. But those naughty moments only last for a short time before their sweet spirits are revealed by the innocent and profound things they say and do. I am thankful for my children for quietly reminding me every day why I am here and what my purpose is in life. There is no greater call than to be a mother. It is truly the greatest and most noblest of professions. I am proud to say that my profession is that of a MOTHER. All the extra is just extra and nothing more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment