January 29, 2010

Embracing the Rain

I must admit that after living in the Northwest for almost 5 years I am a bit weary of all the rain. I do love the rain on occasions such as running in the rain, falling asleep to the rain or sitting inside drinking hot chocolate while listening to the rain. I guess it is the everyday rain and grey clouds that can put me in a funk---so much that I don't care to go outside in it. My poor girls tend to play inside more than outside these days. The backyard is so wet and yucky that I just don't want to deal with the mess. Today was one of those days that I literally had to embrace the rain and be happy in it. Abby and Emma were so excited to go outside and play. I grabbed Emma's old rain coat and boots for Abby and Emma was as happy as a clam with her Hello Kitty boots and umbrella. We didn't play for very long but is was just long enough to get some fresh air, enjoy the light rain, and run around on the soggy grass. Emma enjoyed spinning her umbrella around and Abby just loved feeling the rain on her face while trying to catch some on her tongue. I am grateful for girls who love to be outside no matter what the conditions. I am glad they aren't afraid to get wet or dirty. Since the sun shines so rarely here I guess this is my wake up call to embrace the rain more often just to get outside and get some sort of Vitamin D into our systems. Sad to say we are all a little deficient. Oh sun I miss you so. Please come visit us again soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment