November 7, 2009

Girls Weekend


I love my mother more than words can describe. She is more than just a mother to me though. She is also my best girlfriend, my sister, my confidant, my therapist, my confidence booster and my mentor. I can't ever recall a time when my mother wasn't there to help me with whatever I needed. The best thing she has done for me is to be a great example. I look to her and know she is exactly who I want to be. I was so fortunate to be able to go and spend the weekend with her without the kiddos. Mike was such a good man to watch all four kids over the weekend so I could go and have a much needed girls weekend with my mom to celebrate her birthday. We went shopping, ate at In-n-Out, ran our 4.5 mile loop up Santa Theresa Blvd in gorgeous weather, drove up to San Francisco to see Wicked, enjoyed a nice dinner and spent the evenings talking in our pajamas. It was the perfect weekend!





As an added bonus I also got to spend time with my dad who I love dearly as well. He even tried to race me up the hill when we were running. It was pretty close but I'm pretty sure he won. He keeps me on my toes and is one of the most brilliant people I know. I was so thrilled to be able to go to church with both of my parents before coming home. They are the greatest parents a daughter could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment