July 7, 2009

One little monkey

One little monkey jumping on the bed, she didn't fall off and bump her head. Momma made the call and then she said, keep on smiling and jumping on the bed!

As I was cleaning up the guest bedroom on this particular day Emma took it upon herself to have a little fun by jumping on the bed. Too often I find myself telling the kids to not jump on the bed. Today I stopped myself and decided to just let her have some fun being a kid! I was so glad that I did. We had the best time together. I would blow into the paper towel roll and say, "do do do do" and then she would start a round of jumping. Then she grabbed the "horn" and tooted her way up and down on the bed until she was so tired she just fell on the bed and smiled. Thank goodness for the insight today to let go of my neurotic controlling self and just have good old fashioned fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment