July 11, 2009

Family Bike Ride

It was another beautiful Saturday here in Dupont. We had heard good things about a great bike trail just south of where we live called the Chehalis Western Trail. My parents had biked a good portion of it last year. Since Peter doesn't know how to ride his bike yet (totally his bum parents fault) we borrowed our neighbors tag along so that Peter could ride behind Mike's bike. I pulled the girls in the bike trailer and off we went for a 12 mile bike ride. I took the point and shoot and shoved it in my pocket for some on the go pictures...a bit blurry but happy to capture the kids in the moment. I couldn't believe that Andrew was able to bike the entire 12 miles on his 16 inch bike. We realized that it was probably a bit too small for him but he managed to bike fast anyways. Peter loved riding on the tag along and I loved pulling the girls. The girls got along pretty well and I was grateful for Emma's help when Abby got a little fussy. We stopped only a few times along the way as we had to cross a couple of tiny streets. It was really a great trail and since we rode in the evening time it was cool and comfortable. Our next goal will be to do this again but hopefully with Peter riding his own bike. I know that he will really enjoy the freedom of riding his own bike!





No comments:

Post a Comment