June 24, 2009

First Day of Piano


Peter has been so excited to start piano lessons this summer. He has been anxiously awaiting for an opening so he could learn piano just like Andrew. Mari Fellar is the boy's teacher and she is so amazing. She really knows how to connect with my boys. She makes it fun but challenges them all at the same time. At this point I just want them to enjoy playing the piano. I remember when I was 10 years old I had a really strict teacher and I didn't always enjoy playing the piano. There are definitely benefits of a strict teacher but I want their first experiences at the piano to be enjoyable ones. Since both Mike and I play the piano we are able to monitor their progress and challenge them a little outside of their lessons. I am so happy that Peter is enjoying the piano so far. His favorite part about his first day was getting a piece of candy at the end. She always gives them a piece of candy from her candy bowl at the end of every lesson. They always look forward to that special treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment