June 12, 2009

The End of Another School Year

FIELD DAY

I was lucky to be able to catch part of the boys field day this year. We were fortunate to have a good sunny day which made for some sweaty but happy kids. I really enjoyed watching the kids cut loose and have fun. Peter was quite good at the sack race. I missed Andrew in the morning but caught up with him during his lunch time. He was exhausted and eating in the shade. When I asked him if he was going to play after eating he told me that all he wanted to do was rest. He must have been really worn out because he is my super energetic child. I could appreciate his tiredness. Emma and Abby were good troopers as I dragged them to a couple of different stations to see Peter with his class. Emma found a great place to play...the basket of the stroller. Thank goodness she is a light little thing. It was perfect actually to have her sit there.

The only bummer about field day was when I picked up the kids from the bus stop after their day was over and I could tell how exhausted they were. I think the heat had finally caught up to the both of them. Peter actually got sick in the car on our 2 minute ride home. The poor kid got heat exhaustion. A little rest and a cool house and he was better by the evening.


LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

Peter met some great friends this year in Kindergarten. Some of his favorite friends from his class this year were Connor, Renzo, and Roman. All of us moms swapped numbers so that our boys could play this summer. Peter is our little socialite. He talks to anyone, even kids that are much older than him. He doesn't care of making a fool of himself and is super nice to everyone. Way to go kid. Congrats on finishing Kindergarten!

The day before Andrew finished up second grade I had to pick him up halfway through the day because of severe allergies. The second graders had gone to Powderworks park for a field trip and there must have been something in the air because this is what he looked like when I finally picked him up and brought him home. According to the nurse THIS looked better than when he first got to the nurses office. YIKES! Another round of Zantac here we come.

Andrew was so excited to finish second grade and start summer vacation. He absolutely loved his teacher this year. Ms. Hebert truly was one of the greatest teachers for Andrew. He will miss her next year as he moves onto third grade. Congratulations Andrew on finishing another great school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment