November 4, 2008

Reflections



As I was getting ready in my bathroom today Emma wanted to sit up on the counter. I lifted her up knowing that she would be asking me lots of questions about my make-up. She is always so curious about what I am putting on my face. Today she was interested in my eye-brow pencil and brush. Very slowly I could see her make her way to the medicine cabinet mirror to check things out. As I was drying my hair I could see that she had finally discovered her many reflections as she sat in the corner and opened the medicine cabinet so that its mirror was close to the other mirror behind the sink. Immediately fond memories came rushing back as I remember doing this same thing as a child. I remember thinking how cool it was to be able to see many of me and I don't think I ever grew bored of doing it. I had totally forgotten that I used to do it until I saw her do it. It's amazing how little moments like this can help you remember little glimpses into your past. Like MOTHER like DAUGHTER!

2 comments:

  1. i love it! truely like mother like daughter...

    oh, i need a girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you loving to look in the mirror

    ReplyDelete