November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivites




Now that we all feel totally full and fat from our fabulous Thanksgiving dinner, we can start to think about this upcoming Christmas season. This year my younger brother Greg came from BYU to spend Thanksgiving with us. He has always been the funnest uncle to my kids. He gets down and plays with them and truly has fun doing it. We had a week of relaxation and late nights catching up on old shows and movies we used to watch growing up.




On Saturday we drove up to Seattle to spend part of the day with Mike because he was stuck being on call that day. We went to an Asian Japanese grocery store called Uwajimaya and got all of our favorite treats and drinks from when we were kids in Japan. YUM YUM! My favorite Japanese candies have to be hi-chews, pocky's, chocolate filled koala bear crackers, Ramune soda drinks, and chocolate horns (bread filled with chocolate creme). Of course Greg and I also love Pizza-mans which are these soft pita like rolls with pizza stuff inside. They didn't have them...so sad. I remember getting off the bus from school while living in Japan and going to the 7-eleven which was right where our bus dropped us off. My best friend Beth and I would either get pizza-mans, Japanese version of chips ahoy cookies, or a scoop of chocolate mint ice-cream. Oh the memories.





After we packed our car with our yummy treats we headed over to eat Japanese food at a Restaurant near the Harbor Steps in Seattle. We always get a kick out of the plastic Japanese food they display in their window.

Can you tell I miss living in Japan?? Hopefully we will be able to visit or possibly live there some day. I still consider Tokyo my home even though my family doesn't live there anymore. I have such great memories growing up there. It was fun to reminisce with Greg about the good old days back in Japan. Thanks for coming to see us Greg!

No comments:

Post a Comment