August 28, 2009

Soccer Beginnings

It's soccer season again and both of the boys are playing again this year. Andrew is returning to his team, The Ratpits, with his best friend Noah and Noah's dad as their coach. Peter is on an all Dupont team this year and the kids are really good. Both boys have enjoyed their first week of practices and Andrew's team even set up a scrimmage with another team. Too funny that I captured both boys running with the ball with their tongues half way out. I guess it must be a concentration thing...kind of funny!

I realized after watching both boys that they are quite fast. They both seem to have the game down a little better than last year. Peter is just a little speed demon and is one tough little guy. During his practice he got knocked around quite a bit because he is so much smaller than all the other players, but he was quick to get up and keep playing. Afterwards he came up to me and said, "Mom, did you see how I got punched in the face but I just kept playing. It didn't really hurt that much." He was so proud of the fact that he was tough.




Andrew's team is really good again this year. They completely dominated against the other team during the scrimmage. Andrew was running all over the field and even scored three goals. He is learning to move to the open spaces and look for other players to pass the ball to. He has much to improve on but has come a long way from last year. His greatest excitement is being able to drink gatorade during the games. I won't let him drink it any other time.

I am so excited to see how much the boys will improve this season. This year will be so much easier for me as I won't have to tote around a newborn...just two toddlers!!









No comments:

Post a Comment