May 23, 2009

Redwood Adventure . Day 1

We took two days to drive down to the Redwoods in California for a much needed camping trip with some of our friends. We arrived on Saturday after lunch and once we set up camp we headed over to the beach where our friends were hanging out. It was only a ten minute drive from our campsite. It was a little foggy but warm enough to run around and play. I wish I had been smarter to put my kids in their swimming suits because they got soaked playing and running in the water. It was relaxing for me to watch them be so free and happy running in the water and playing in the sand. Mike was so smart to bring our kites. The kids took turns flying the kites on the beach. It was perfect kite flying weather. I kept Abby in the backpack most of the time because she puts everything in her mouth and I wasn't quite sure I wanted to deal with a sandy mouthed baby. The coolest thing I saw at the beach was this tree shaped like a heart. I didn't think to take a picture but my friend Jen took a fabulous picture (see below). It was a great start to our weekend trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment