May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

Today I received these wonderful pieces of art from my older children. I am always amazed how creative my kids are. These are keepers! I will be holding on to these for a very long time.

Andrew . 7 1/2 years old


Peter . 6 years old


Emma . 3 years old

Needless to say I was overwhelmed with all of the wonderful attention I received today. After getting home from church I sat back and relaxed while Mike made crepes for lunch. Crepes are one of our favorite things on Sundays. I think the kids were just as excited as I was to be eating them. After eating my fill the fatigue started to set in. I was able to take an uninteruppted nap while Mike took the older kids on a hike down to the sandbar on the Puget Sound. It is a pretty steep hike but with Emma in the backpack and the boys on foot they made it fine. Since they didn't bring the camera I took some pictures of them when they got home. They were so excited to tell me about their adventure and to show me the shells they had brought back for me.

After a long two hour nap Abby and I finally woke up and headed into the office for some playtime while I caught up on my journal. Abby is just starting to pull herself up to a standing position. She is growing up way too fast.

This whole day was just perfect. I even got to enjoy a great steak and potatoes dinner made by none other than that wonderful husband of mine. It was the best mother's day ever! I am so thankful for my family and the great opportunity I have to be a mother. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment