May 13, 2009

Downtown Kids

One of the best things about where we live is how close we are to a couple of downtown areas. Fifteen minutes south and we are in Olympia. Fifteen minutes north and we are in Tacoma. Fifty minutes north and we are in Seattle. I have grown to love Olympia for its casual feel. We have been trying to go down there more often to enjoy the sailboats, new parks, the beautiful capital building, and the neat places to take pictures. I am always grateful to my kids for being my models as I explore new locations and try new things. Of course a gigantic lollipop or any kind of candy will usually do the trick. We have been saving these lollipops since April for a special occasion. Both Peter and Emma enjoyed them and took turns licking each others lollipops. My next adventure down in Olympia will be to enjoy the farmer's market. I can't believe that I have not been to it since we've lived here. I am so excited for our summer vacation filled with trips to museums, parks, and the farmers market!

This is what we call Emma's puss face. She will give it out quite frequently! What a hoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment