April 26, 2008

Tulips . Tulips . Tulips


We finally made it up to the Tulip Festival today. The weather was in the upper 60s and we were probably dressed a little too warm. I can't remember the last time we were overdressed...it's been too long since we've had good weather here. It was a beautiful day and the drive was amazing. I love driving through the city of Seattle and then passing it to see the beautiful snow peaked Cascades. We really live in such an amazing place. The kids were real troopers traveling alone with me--poor Mike was on call today and couldn't be with us. If I didn't love tulips so much I probably wouldn't have made such an effort to go, but since tulips are my favorite flower, I just couldn't miss it this year.

We all enjoyed the flowers and had fun walking down the dry (yeah) paths to see the different kinds of tulips. As long as Peter and Emma had their sunglasses on and I kept reassuring Andrew that there were no bees, then all was well. Andrew is terrified of bees and so after many times of telling him he was fine, I finally told him he was just being paranoid to which he said, "what does paranoid mean?" Oh yeah, I forgot I was talking to a 6 year old. That being said, you can understand how hard it was to get him close enough to the flowers to take just one picture of him with the tulips. Is it too much to ask for just one picture? Apparently so! I did the best I could to let the kids enjoy the scenery without bombarding them with pictures. BUT, I managed to get at least one picture of each of my kids next to the tulips and a couple of more pictures of those beautiful flowers. After two different fields of tulips, the kids were anxious to get going. It was off to get ice-cream and then go see daddy for the remainder of our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment