April 18, 2008

Braces at 30

I will not be posting a recent picture of myself but you can take my word for it that I look ten years younger. I've been told that I look like one of the teenagers. I guess that could be a compliment as I approach 30 years old next Friday. I finally decided to get braces...oh yeah baby! I figured that I could handle it seeing as I have gone through things more physically exerting and challenging. Well, it has been a rough start to say the least. My mouth is sore, my lower lip looks like it is going to explode, I can't talk very well, and my diet has succumb to yogurt, eggs, oatmeal, pb&j, and milkshakes. I feel like an old person gumming my food because I can't fully bite in the back. So what do my kids think? Well, Andrew has already told me that I look good in braces. To be specific he said, "Mom, you look better in braces!" Thanks Andrew, I love you for your honesty! Andrew has probably been the one most interested in it all seeing as he has already been told he will need braces when he gets older. I hope I can make my experience positive for him. The one good thing so far has been that I have not even focused on my pregnancy aches and pains. So to all of you who have had braces or have braces now...I congratulate you. It really is as bad as everyone says!

No comments:

Post a Comment