April 19, 2008

Peter Turns 5


Our little Peter finally turned 5 today--hooray! I can't believe that he will be going to Kindergarten this year. It seems like only yesterday I was holding my little chunky bald baby. He truly was a sweet baby and lucky for us his sweetness has continued! With a few of his good friends over to celebrate his special day, he happily enjoyed the cupcakes and opened up his presents to each of which his response was, "This is what I wanted." Oh how easy it is to please a 5 year old boy.

Look at that concentration. This year we decided to put the number of candles on the cupcake instead of the number candle we normally use. A little more energy was obviously required.

Peter initially asked me why he wasn't having a cake. I told him that cupcakes were just better. What I didn't tell him was that cupcakes are just easier for mom. What is great about Peter is that he is usually agreeable. These cupcakes were inspired by a friend and I just love their simplicity.

I like the idea of everything homemade this year. These were the party favors. I had good intentions on making party hats but it just didn't happen. Oh well!

One of his favorite gifts were these classic Lincoln Logs given to him by Grandma and Grandpa Kelsch. Thanks for putting a smile on his face. Happy Birthday to our sweet Pete!

No comments:

Post a Comment