March 31, 2012

Slices of Life

March 12, 2012

Today was an interesting day for Andrew. I stopped by the school to give him his glasses because he forgot them at home and they were taking their standardized tests this week. I went up to his classroom to find that he was the only one not there. I told his teacher that I would help locate him by checking out the cafeteria and the nurse's office. To my surprise I found him in the nurse's office with an ice pack on his arm. I asked him what happend and he said that a big kid fell on him while he was playing football at recess. I later found out that the "big kid" was actually a big girl. The poor kid didn't even get to eat lunch and both his lunchbox and coat were outside by the playground. I ran out to get them for him and then asked him if he thought he would be ok until school was over. He said his arm hurt but he would be ok. After school he said that his arm really hurt so we headed over to the hospital to drop him off to Mike so they could figure out if it was broken. I took the other kids home and got ready to meet Mike and Andrew at Costco. As they were leaving the hospital they called me and I asked if everything was ok and Mike said that Andrew was just fine. When we finally met up with them at Costco I was shocked to see that Andrew was fine but with a BROKEN ARM and a bright green cast. Those boys are such joksters. The good thing about Andrew's cast was that it was waterproof which meant little maintenance and completely bag free in the shower. We are so lucky to have such great connections to the Radiologist and the Orthopedic Surgeon...both are great friends of ours. I felt really bad for Andrew but he had a really positive outlook on his situation. It only took 2 days before the nastalgia of the cast wore off and the itching started. Poor kid.

 


March 13, 2012

Emma LOVES to play the piano. She has no problems practicing where I usually find complaining from the boys. Sometimes I will find her sitting cross legged on the piano bench. After she plays her practice songs sometimes she will just play made up songs. I love to see how interested she is in learning how to play. I love her creativity in making up new songs.
 


March 19, 2012

It is not uncommon for me to find Abby with just her underwear and shirt on. She does prefer to be pantless when we are at home and it will only be for a short time that she can do that and get away with it. Today I found her eating her snack on top of the kitchen table. She was just so cute as she sat up there talking to her fish as she ate them. Then she saw the camera and turned on the silly button. Boy do I love this cute and crazy little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment