March 31, 2012

Piano Recital

The kids have been practicing so hard for this piano recital and their piano teacher has been working them hard to get their pieces perfect. Andrew lucked out and didn't have to play in the recital because of his broken arm. That is not to say that he didn't try to play his piece before the recital to utter frustration because he just couldn't quite rotate his wrist enough to play the left hand. The boys had planned on doing a duet as well so I stepped in and played the duet with Peter. The recital was really nice but also VERY LONG. It was divided into three sections with two small breaks in the middle. Abby did quite well as long as I let her play games on my phone. Both Peter and Emma played really well with no mistakes that I could tell and didn't seem very nervous about it. They even sat quietly during the entire recital in their assigned seats. I was happy to see that they recognized Andrew anyways even though he wouldn't be able to play because of his broken arm.  His teacher told everyone how hard he had worked on his song. I thought that was really nice. Everyone got flowers at the end...even me. We love Hiroko sensei...she is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment