February 28, 2012

Slices of Life

February 12, 2012

After 14 days of vacation without a washing machine you can imagine what my piles of laundry must have looked like.  With four baskets overflowing of laundry one might think that it wasn't that bad but let me tell you how many loads it took to finish all of this laundry.  I wasn't about to attempt to get it all done with my small dryer so I headed to base and used the laundromat.  I used 12 washing machines (they are not big machines) and 7 dryers (these are huge).  In a little over 2 hours all of my laundry was done and mostly folded with the help of the kids and Mike.  These are the times when I really hate laundry.



February 25, 2012

This lovely Saturday morning found us waking up to some good smells in the kitchen.  Mike had gotten up earlier than everyone else, prepared a menu for his cafe called, "Cafe De Seu Pai," and set the table real nice with menus for everyone.  He is really clever like that and a super fun dad.  Everyone literally got to choose what they wanted from the menu and he prepared it for them right then and there.  What a great way to start our weekend!

(The kids continue to ask him when we are going to play restaurant again)




February 25, 2012

It was the Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts tonight.  I went early to help my friend who was in charge of the event set up all the decorations and tables.  I am glad I was able to give my input and help out because they really needed help.  It was the most poorly organized event with lots of people doing lots of different things and no one communicated with each other.  It turned out great and the boys had a great time.  This was Andrew's last Blue and Gold Dinner because he will be crossing over into Boy Scouts real soon.  He was actually recognized as the oldest cub scout tonight.  The boys got some more rewards (except for all of Peter's arrows from both Wolf and Bear year) and they both finally received their religious square knot patch.  Way to go boys!



February 29, 2012

I absolutely LOVE having Abby at home with me.  I wish she wasn't growing up so fast because that just means less one on one time I have with her at home while everyone else is at school.  This is my number one reason for not putting her into preschool this year.  Mike keeps insisting that I put her in Japanese preschool next year for the exposure but I am not sold quite yet.  For now I will enjoy this cute little girl all to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment