June 30, 2011

June . Slices of Life

June 2, 2011

Emma lost her very first tooth today. For the last two months she has been telling me that her tooth was loose but I kind of shrugged it off because I thought she was just pretending. A couple of weeks ago I decided to check once again to feel if it was loose and I was surprised to feel that she did indeed have a loose tooth. She lost her tooth at her friend Alexa's house while eating a brownie with nuts in it. Emma is definitely the youngest so far in the family to loose her first tooth. She was so excited to put her little tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy. The tooth fairy did come and brought her 200 yen. Hooray!



June 10, 2011

Abby is really good about just getting on the toilet when she needs to go. Sometimes she will tell me and then go and sometimes she just needs me to turn on the light. Today she wanted me to turn on the light for her. Since she was using the downstairs bathroom I just hung out in the office doing some work so that I could hear her if she needed help. After getting a little distracted I realized that I could still hear her in the bathroom. When I went in to see how she was doing I found the entire roll of toilet paper on the floor with her wrapped up in all of it. I really wasn't that mad because it was so hilarous. But I told her that was a no no and then proceeded to take a few photos before making her help me clean up the mess. What a sneaky little girl she is.



June 13, 2011

Tonight's FHE was given by Mike and it was probably one of the funnest that we have had in a while. He was the grumpy old troll (adapted from Dora the Explorer) and at each station he would ask the kids a question in the grumpy old troll voice. When they got the right answer they moved to the next station. At the second station they had to put together a puzzle which read, "We must show our love by our words and actions." At the final station we had a four square ball and they each had to throw the ball to someone else and tell them something that they loved about that person. The kids just laughed so hard at Mike because he really played the grumpy old troll really well. As they started to show kindness and love to each other the troll started to disappear. It was a blast and a great reminder to treat each other kindly.



June 26, 2011

There have been a lot of new changes happening in our Branch lately. Our Branch President has been getting ready to move to Okinawa and Mike was just called as the new Branch President of our Branch. We are part of a very unique Branch and District in that we are only a Branch and District by name only. We essentially act like a Ward and Stake. We are only 1 of 6 Branches worldwide that is like this. It used to be that both the Military and Expatriate English members in Japan were part of Wards but as the years have passed they have been reorganized into Military and English Branches to separate themselves from the Japanese Stakes. Part of the changes occured to help alleviate any language and culture barries between the Japanese and the Americans. That being said we are still a small Branch but I know that Mike still has his work cut out for him. It has been interesting to see the good changes that have already taken place with a new Presidency. We are excited to support Mike in this new calling and know that we will learn lots of good things along the way!